Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Welcome To Our Journey

We hope you enjoy following along with our trip. This is not going to be your typical “tourista” trip to Great Britain. We won’t be visiting Buckingham Palace or Stonehenge. Following our 6-day passage to Southampton aboard Queen Mary II, we’re renting a car to travel throughout England and Scotland to the towns and villages that were the roots of my ancestors.

Most of you know that I have spent much time over the last 3-4 years researching my family’s history. My ancestral roots trace both to England and Scotland. Also, my father served in the Eighth Air Force in England during World War II and we’ll be visiting some of the historic places associated with his service. You’ll learn more about this as we go along.

I hope you’ll return to the site often. We’ll try to update it as often as possible. You might want to bookmark the page.

Come along…..we’re first traveling the high seas – an eastbound transatlantic crossing aboard the queen of the high seas – Queen Mary II.

Doug (and Sandy)

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Looking forward to traveling with you through England. Love the photos but DOUG, where are you?

Anonymous said...

Doug and Sandy - how exciting and wow, what an amazing blog. I have to admit, this is the first time I've ever even visited a "blog". Mike and Sarah had to explain what it is. (I must be old)

Can't wait to check in and see what you've been up to.

"Smooth Sailing"
Karen

Anonymous said...

"We shall return to the place we originated and know it for the first time."

(Wayne Dyer)

dolan329 said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the crew that flew with your father. My father, John Best, was on the crew and is in some of your pictures.